Wynnum West State School has a wide range of support for students who require additional care.
Some of these specialist support programs include:
- Guidance Officer
- Learning Support Teachers - these teachers manage an extensive range of intervention and support programs across all year levels.
- Special Education Program Unit (SEP) - supporting students with disabilities.
- Advisory Visiting Teachers - supporting students with autistic spectrum disorder, visual impairment, hearing impairment and / or physical impairment.
- Visiting Behavioural Consultants - specialise in supporting students and families.
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Head of Curriculum - specialising in the Australian Curriculum.